Wednesday 23 July 2014

Tokyo Zoo


 
21st July 2014

I know I haven’t finished the ports yet but Hop has left the info back at Tokyo and we are now at Kyoto!! I will do it ------------eventually.

Decided to go to the Tokyo Zoo today. We’ve got quite proficient (well we think so) in using the trains. It’s not too bad but we haven’t strayed from the Yamamoto line as yet.  We have had to change lines once!! And succeeded!! There are trains, buses, the Metro (underground), there are 15 lines or so, streetcars and private lines…and then some. We purchased a Patchmo card which allows us to use any line and we are thankful everytime we go through a gate and it “beeps”. We have had to recharge it once but hopefully it will see us out. Hoppy lead me through the wrong gate at first and it wouldn’t let me out. I pushed through the gate to be confronted by a local insisted I “go back” What could I do. I then realised we could go through an office and the girl reversed our wrong charge. Apparently you are supposed to just stand there with your hand in the air and wait for an “official” to help you.

We got off at Ueno Station. I think Hop didn’t believe that that was the right stop but I had listened to the guide yesterday and gleaned as much. Actually I really remembered because it sounded like Reno!! It’s the first day of the summer school, holidays so the place was crowded – like everything in a city of 30million!!

The Zoo was great value as seniors we even got in for ½ price!! It’s always worth a try. The animals looked in great condition although some of the areas were a bit bland and lacking greenery. Especially interesting were the giant pandas. They looked just like you would expect and we were able to watch them for some time.  In our four hours we covered only half the zoo but it was well worthwhile, well set out, and you could actually see all the animals/birds etc.

Again we spent some time looking at monkeys – they were in better condition than the ones we saw in Beppu in the wild (soz – I know I haven’t done that yet) It’s never a quick look with Hoppymoto on photo patrol. He has more patience than I have and he does get some great shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment